Hopebreaker (The Great Iron War - Book One) by 'Dean F. Wilson' is an engaging book.
And here are some of the reasons why I am waiting for the second one -
(Warning - Spoilers ahead)
- Call me a Hopeless Romantic if you will. I have just finished reading a Science-Fiction Fantasy, which I enjoyed. And yet, one of the main reasons I look forward to reading the second part of the series is because I want to know where Jacob's and Taberah's relationship lead. Their bantering, their chemistry, and their future.
- Whistler is a 'good kid', who chooses to the path of trust, despite the negativity of the world he's living in. I want to see him grow and mature but not be a cynic.
- Rommond's presence made me uneasy when he was introduced in the story. It no longer does. But I want to see his 'human' side. I want to know what made him the way he is.
- What is Brooklyn... a mystery!
- '...some have greatness thrust upon them'. As the story progresses, Jacob's path seems to become clearer. Despite his light humour, he is headed for greatness. How great is the 'greatness'? Will he lead the Resistance one day?
P.S.: Will the Book Two be titled 'The Lifemaker', or is it too obvious? I wonder.
Click for Book Review of 'Hopebreaker'